Monday, November 25, 2013

I did it!

'Tis that time of the year when you look back at all those months, days and hours that passed by. You peek into your bucket list, eager to tick off a few items, feeling elated that at last you were able to achieve what you set out for.
I have a rather lengthy list of 'to-do-before-I-die' still waiting to see the light of the day. But sad I am not. And there's no need to panic either, because a bucket list has a life and mind of its own. Just when you think you've done it all, it throws a new item at you. And you grab it tight, keep it stuck to your memory till you reach out for a place to note it down. So I have come out with this brilliant idea - why not a 'leap list' instead! Apparently, a leap list is more challenging as it comes with a time frame. So you have stuff to do before you take some kind of a leap in your life, like marriage or pregnancy or turning thirty or forty or fifty. Now does that mean that if you kick the bucket before you fulfil your leap list, your leap list automatically qualifies to be in the category of a bucket list? Confusing.
Never mind. I am glad that I was able to tick off a few things off my list.

1. Bake yummy cupcakes, right from scratch
2. Bake a cheesecake
3. Learn to play a musical instrument
4. Travel to Ladakh
5. Attend a photography workshop

I know, these were not Herculean tasks, but they were challenging for me. And I am ecstatic. Time to move on the next ones. My list please...

No comments:

Post a Comment